Friday, September 23, 2011

Weight loss challenge

A group of people - some CrossFit people (mostly outsiders) all came together via Facebook & started a weight loss challenge today! $20 gets you in - winner takes all. No second place!
I'm super excited for this next 8 weeks of competition to see what it sparks for me! I was having a conversation with a friend who's struggling with weight loss just like the rest of us. In talking with her - I had some clarification I wanted to share.

I just want other people to know that it's a struggle. But it can totally be overcome. It's not easy. Not one bit. And sometimes I fail for a day or two. And sometimes I don't feel like working out at 5:30 in the morning!
But. . .

Then I remember how I felt physically and emotionally at my heaviest. I remember how incapable I felt. I remember how limited I was. How sad I was. Then I get up out of bed - get my butt to the gym & recommit to making the right choice from that moment forward. :-)

1 comment:

Blog Archive