Friday, January 28, 2011

Total embarrassment....



For someone who lives through other people's blogs & Facebooks posts, I sure haven't done a very good job for the last five months in keeping people up to date on MY life! Maybe that's because there are occasions when I view my life as a Groundhogs Day kind of world. Get up, work out, go to work, come home, play ref/mom/wife/police, go to bed. Sleep & repeat.


Nonetheless --- I wanted to tell whoever might still be reading this about my latest battle of the bulge. In October, I joined up temporarily at the Sports Academy here in North Logan & took part in their 12 week weight loss competition. I got up at 5:30 every morning to have an intense one hour workout with a trainer & about 6 other tough ladies. We were a very close group & I absolutely loved working out with them! The competition ended on January 15th, and I placed 10th out of 40 contestants for % of weight loss.


Although I didn't even come close to winning - it really helped me to form the habits that I'll need to continue on. I lost 30 pounds on it and about that many inches total off my body. Working out is something that I get a real "high" from & have found that it suits my addictive personality quite well!
Here is the before picture:


Here is an after picture:


I will pinky swear to make a great big 'ol posting of my world, my kids, my schmoopy --- all in the next ... week or so! Ha!

4 comments:

White Folk said...

Way to go Jen! Seriously you are lookin' HOT! :) I am so proud of you for your dedication! Keep it up!

Jenn said...

Awesome girl. Keep up the good work! (I wish I felt that way about exercise, I have yet to feel a "high" from it, but you post gives me hope that it's possible.)

shelly said...

Congratulations- you are looking fabulous! Can't wait to hear more about what's going on in your life! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG you actually BLOGGED. and what a good thing to blog about. Congrats - that stuff is hard to do!

Blog Archive